June 17, 2015
Here is your Tuesday Trends and Tips! We always see celebrities like Cara Delevigne and Kendall Jenner with perfectly shaped brows. Now you can transform your own eyebrows with these easy tips!
1. Determine your face shape.
2. Find an eyebrow shape that frames your eyes, and also compliments your face shape.
3. Don’t over tweeze! This will automatically age you.
4. Pluck away stray hairs. You can also wax or thread your brows. Threading I find lasts the longest and requires less upkeep.
5. Comb brows and trim excess hairs.
6. Fill in sparse areas with a brow pencil, or brow powder.
7. Use concealer directly below the brow to clean up the bottom edge. This also will help to highlight the brow bone. Be sure to chose a shade of concealer that matches your skin tone.
My eyebrows are naturally blonde, a very fair bleach blonde. It took me years to find the right brow color, because I am a natural red head. Most shades were too dark, some too brown, others too red. After lots of trial and error with many different products. I finally found the perfect equation of eyebrow essentials. MAC Lingering eyebrow pencil. The fine crayon allows me to be precise when drawing on each hair in the sparse areas. Plus side, you don’t have to sharpen it because it twists up. Down side, you never know when it’s going to run out. Have a back up just incase. I’ve learned the hard way, drew on one brow and the pencil was at the end and I didn’t have enough to finish the other brow.
Since my brows are light I use a brow gel to tint the actual hairs with color. Not only does it color the hairs, but because it’s a gel it keeps the hairs in place just like gel for your hair. My favorite brow gel is Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Gel in Caramel, which is a light golden brown color, the lightest color pictured below.
If pencils aren’t your fortay, another option to fill in the sparse areas would be to use a brow powder. Pick a color one shade lighter than your natural brow color, you don’t want your brows to be too dark because then they will look harsh.
I hope I helped you with achieving your perfect eyebrow look!
Remember to put your best face forward and always KiSSandMaKeUp!