August 23, 2017
It’s the end of August, and that means two things. Number one, it’s hot, humid, sticky and miserable. Your hair starts out cute, but by the end of the
Number one, it’s hot, humid, sticky and miserable. Your hair starts out cute, but by the end of the day, it resembles a lion’s mane. It grows and grows as the day gets hotter.
Number two, school is starting soon. Now, I am not sure about you, but my high school was not air conditioned. It would get so hot in the class rooms, we would occasionally take learning outside under a tree. And just forget about making an effort in the morning if you have a first-period gym class.
With those two things in mind, we are going to give you three heat free, no fuss hair styles to help keep you looking and feeling cool for these hot summer school days. Not only are we positive you want to sleep in as late as possible, but you also want to show up to school (at least for the first week) looking your best.
Here are a few simple, quick tips to get your out the door looking your best in no time!
Skip the heat:
Step away from the flat iron! It’s hot enough, right? Why introduce more heat into your morning routine? We know you are tempted in the summer to pull out the flat irons in a desperate attempt to tame those fly aways-but the long term damage these tools can cause to summer dried hair can carry long lasting effects. There are plenty of options when it comes to cute, heat free styles!
Top Knot for the Win:
We love this style because it is easy and perfect for every occasion. A top knot may win the award for Most Versatile Hair Style. It can be worn out for a night on the town but also looks super cute paired with sweats and a t-shirt. The possibilities are endless!
- Pull your hair into a tight high ponytail. We like to use a bristle brush so that it keeps your hair slicked back and tight to your scalp.
- Secure your ponytail with a hair elastic.
- Wrap the length of your ponytail around the hair elastic in a circular motion (around and around and around), and secure that with another hair tie. We sometimes like to make this hair tie more decorative.
- Tug at your newly styled, perfect bun to give it texture. Or wear it sleek! Or even as a half up/half down! Which ever you prefer because remember- the possibilities are endless.
- Throw some clothes on and run out the door to catch the bus!
Salty Ocean Waves:
Beach waves are one way to keep summer vibes alive even when you’re in class. Lucky for you, this style is attainable without even stepping foot in the ocean.
- Start by spraying your wet hair with a conditioning spray and brush it out.
- Flip your head over and use your favorite curling mousse followed by your favorite texturizing spray.
- Divide your hair into two sections and begin twisting pieces outward.
- Make sure you twist these SUPER tight and pull it taught for a few seconds.
- Do this for your entire head of hair.
- Go do your makeup, eat your breakfast, get dressed, and keep busy until your hair is dry.
- Use your fingers to shake it out and finish with a good spritz of that texturizing spray.
So there you have it! 3 tips for easy, heat free summer hair to start your school year off right. Well rested and adorable as ever- what a way to start a year! Stay tuned next week for our take on back to school makeup made easy!