April 7, 2021
Meet the newest stylist on our team! She quickly proved herself to us, and as been an amazing asset to our team. Not only is she a hair whiz, but brides also love her kind and bubbly personality that’s so easy to be around.
Janessa has been a stylist for 5 years. She started as a student at Paul Mitchell The School, where she worked her way up to being a Teacher’s Assistant after graduating. After that, she went on to become head educator in a salon atmosphere, where she got to share her love & passion for styling with everyone. She says she absolutely fell in love with not only styling hair, but the teaching aspect of it as well. While fulfilling the role of head educator, she also had the pleasure of experiencing what it’s like to manage a full team of stylists, and be a role model to so many.
- She is 1 of 4 siblings, and her siblings are her best friends.
- She has two pups (Fitz & Dakota) that are her whole world.
- 9 times out of 1, she will have a coffee in hand #caffeinated
- If it’s not coffee, it’s a glass of red wine 🙂
- She met her current boyfriend 10 years ago in 7th grade #middleschoolsweethearts
- Her guilty pleasure is reality tv
When doing hair, there are a few things she says there are few rules she lives by. Whether she’s having the pleasure of making someone feel like their most confident self on their special day, working in a salon, or even working independently:
1. Organization – You will find yourself most successful if you go into any job and you are not only organized but prepared for anything you may come across.
2. Make a Plan – “Assess your client as well as their desired end result and make a plan on how to achieve that look flawlessly and in a timely manner – then I go in and KILL it!”
3. PRODUCTS – “The right products are KEY! When doing any type of wedding hair, I always use 4 products. A styling cream or lightweight serum to control any fly aways. I also use texturizing spray to create grit when teasing and give the hair a workable hold. I then go in with a strong hold hairspray to secure my work, and finish it off with a shine spray for a glass like effect on the hair. ”
4. TRUST THE PROCESS! – “I am forever grateful for opportunities that help me perfect my craft while teaching and challenging me every single day. That’s why I am so excited to be a part of the KiSSandMaKeUp team. I truly believe that weddings, and special events hair, is my calling and I can’t wait to continue to learn new things with this amazing company and talented team of stylists/artists. I look forward to this journey, and I’m ready to get creative and do some fabulous hair!”
PLEASE COMMENT BELOW